Thursday, October 1, 2009

An evening with U2...



Tuesday night, my husband and and I went to see U2 at FedEx Field in Landover, MD.  This has been a dream of my husbands for as long as I can remember, so we wanted to be as close as possible.  We decided the field level tickets were the best way to go. We were so close to the band and had such a great view that the pain from the hours of standing went away as soon as they took the stage.

My favorite song was City of Blinding Lights, but One was also great. U2 paid tribute to Aung San Suu Kyi, the Burmese pro-democracy leader who has been under house arrest for the last 21 years with Walk On.  They also thanked and honored Senator Ted Kennedy for his contributions to society with New Year's Day, and all of the wonderful accomplishments of Eunice Kennedy Shriver and Tim Shriver with Beautiful Day.  
   
It was a great night and we met a lot of fun people.  We took tons of pictures and I wanted to share a few of my favorites.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails