Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Doggie Snow Angels...

As I rolled out of bed and put on my many layers of clothing to take Franklin on his walk, I thought about the warm days of Spring and Summer ahead. I thought about the warm sunshine on my face and the warm breeze that smells like fresh flowers. I thought about Spring dresses and wearing cute flats instead of my bulky boots.  But, as I looked out the window I quickly realized that we had another few inches of snow on the ground and that it is in fact ... still winter.

Over the weekend we had about 8 inches of snow and of course, I had to take my favorite little dog out to play in it. Franklin loves the snow. He will run all over the place with his nose stuck to the ground and then when he's found the perfect spot, he rolls and rolls in it. He will lay on his back and wiggle from side to side making doggie snow angels. It's so funny to watch and almost makes the cold, gray, snowy days of winter worth it. 





Since this winter has been very hard on his skin, Franklin has to have a bath once a week with a special medicated shampoo. This week, I bathed him on Sunday so he would have enough time on Saturday to play in the snow and get it out of his system. Let me tell you, that didn't work. After giving him a bath and making sure he was dry, I let him out to go to the bathroom and the very first thing he did was lay down in the snow. He is such a funny dog that it is hard to be mad at him when he does things like that.

This weekend we are expected to get more snow. If this does happen, I'm sure our weekend plans will be full of doggie snow angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails