Friday, January 15, 2010

Weekly reflection...



Here we are at the end of another week. I hope it was a good one for you. Around here we are getting back to a sense of normalcy and continuing to put life back together. There are days where the past few months seem like a far away dream that never could've happened, and then there are days where you continually ask yourself if you did everything you could have. But, what I'm coming to realize is something I heard on a rerun of Scrubs last weekend (sometimes they have good philosophical moments). Anyway, what I'm learning is sometimes the bad guy is a disease that you were never going to beat. No matter how hard we fought for her or how hard she fought, my mother-in-law wasn't going to beat lung cancer. It was too far along and we weren't strong enough to beat it, but we all did the best we could.

Amazingly enough, life goes on and the days and weeks continue to speed by. As we close another busy week, I hope during these cold days of winter you are able to find some sunshine to enjoy and you are warm and cozy this weekend. I will be heading to Auburn, AL to spend time with my younger brother as we explore Auburn University. I'm super excited about it and will make sure to take lots of picture. Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails